Sunday, February 26, 2012

One HELL of a Weekend

Friday evening myself and two of my friends headed out to NYC for the weekend and although it was a weekend getaway, I knew I had to somehow incorporate healthy eating and Crossfitting into my weekend.  I had done some research and I found a box close to the hotel that we were staying in and decided to go to a Saturday 10am WOD.


Once everybody was in NYC, we headed out for dinner at an AMAZING Italian place, where I was immediately faced with challenge number 1.  Avoiding the pasta and the bread, and it actually wasn't that hard.  The servers brought us a huge basket of bread and I didn't even think twice about having any and then the server brought us a meat and cheese platter "on the house" because we reminded the owner of his daughters.  SCORE!


For my entree I ordered grilled portabello and had some of my friend's salad which really awesome.  My friends who ordered pasta dishes and fried calamari enjoyed their food as well and I had survived dinner bread and pasta free.  With no less than one man flirting and eventually giving me his phone number and insisting that when I go to Italy, I call him to ride in his gondola, we left to go to the next bar.  LOL.  I cannot be taken anywhere!  




After dinner we went to a cupcake and wine paring place and I did cave and had 1/2 of a cupcake, which I thought was acceptable.  I could have had an entire one, but I limited myself to only a half.  Not going to lie, I had 2 bay breezes that knocked me on my ass and made me delightfully drunk for the evening.  


The next morning I actually had a slight headache, I'm assuming from lack of water but pushed on regardless.  While three of our friends went to the tickets booth to see what tickets we could get for a play, myself and friend Sarah went to Crossfit Hell's Kitchen.  


I was SUPER excited that Sarah was coming with me to observe a WOD.  I know that I talk about Crossfit a lot, but I think seeing it really gives people a better idea of the intensity.  


Crossfit Hell's Kitchen is a really cool box and I very much enjoyed the WOD.  Well, maybe not ENJOYED, but you know what I mean.  


WOD
7 Rounds
5 Strict Pull Ups
10 Wall Balls
15 Kettlebell Swings
20 Double Unders


39:37


During Round two I realized how tired/hungover/dehydrated I really was.  This was a terrible performance and I clearly knew why.  However, I didn't quit and even though I was the last to finished, I finished and I could have very easily said screw it, I'm not going at all. 






The rest of the weekend was really fun.  We had brunch at a cute place where I was able to get an egg white omelet with spinach, tomatoes, and peppers and I did not eat the breakfast potatoes.  I simple offered them up to my four friends and before I knew it, they were gone.  


We ending up seeing Jersey Boys which is a really good show, very enjoyable.  


Dinner was at a BBQ place and I had one beer, lots of water, pulled chicken with a salad and a side of coleslaw.  I'm actually getting really good at sticking with paleo and it gets easier as I go.  We decided to keep it low key Saturday night since we had a long day and went back to the hotel for the night.  


I knew that today I had to run 8 miles, so keeping it low key was fine by me.  


The next morning we woke up and headed back to home.  After making a stupid mistake and almost ending up in Philly (don't ask), I relaxed for a while and then headed out for my run.  


This is the last long run I have before my race on Sunday, and all things considered I did pretty well.  I didn't mope around about having to run as much this time and I felt really good once it was over.  I'm excited to have a
"rest week" for running, meaning my miles are WAY lower this week  because of the race on Saturday, because this week will be a little more hectic than normal.  



The scores are in from the first Open's workout and I came in 11,541st out of 33,540.  That means that in the first WOD I beat 66% of the woman who are doing the games.  I'm going to consider that a win!  Great job to the entire Crossfit610 team, I have high expectations for you all!  

No comments:

Post a Comment