Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Crossfit Games

I don't know why I haven't done this sooner, but I want to thank all my blog readers.  I don't know who you are specifically, but with almost 1,000 clicks in January, I know you are there and I appreciate you taking the time to read what I write.  You keep me accountable for my goals/accomplishments and I am really flattered that you read what I write.

There has been a lot going on this week and minimal time to stomach it.  I'm luckily enough to have a job that I can really use as my "down time" because I do not get much of that at home.  

For those of you that don't know what today is (Feb 1st) it is the "Crossfit Opens."  It's similar to opening day for baseball and this has been something that has been wearing on my mind for weeks now.  There are three basic steps:

1.  The Open:  This is were anybody can register to complete a set amount of WODs, submit their times and be compared to everybody else who enters.  Last year 27,000 people around the world entered and that number is expected to TRIPLE this year. 

2.  From the Open, the top teams and individuals move onto Reginals.

3.  From Reginals, the top teams and individuals move onto the Crossfit Games in July to compete for the title "Fittest on Earth." 


Obviously I would only be participating to see where I ranked amungst other people in the world and to set a benchmark for 2013.  So there I was, on the fence, debating what to do when I decided to send Trainer Molly a very lengthy email:

Do you think I should bother doing this?  I'm torn.....thoughts?

To which she replied:

An opportunity to compete against tens of thousands of people doing the same thing is amazing, to say the least. And to see how you stack up against the WORLD...I think it's something you shouldn't pass up!
Show the world (and you) all your hard work! And they are WODs that 610 will be doing anyways!

So to answer your question...YES!!

I can always count on Trainer Molly to guide me in the right direction.  So I went to the Crossfit Open website and created my very own Crossfit Profile with my frail stats.  :)


Already feeling like I'm WAY over my head, I come home to find a post to my facebook wall.



I know that when I first told Megan about CF610, she must have felt like it was something she could never do, but she gave it a shot and now she is thanking me for it.  Probably the same situation will hold true with Trainer Molly and I with the Crossfit Opens. 

4 comments:

  1. Yes! It makes you push to a new level you never knew you had...always raising the bar!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm very excited I'm signed up and even though I'm doing it just to see where I stand, I'm going to give it my all. Thank you so much for all your support!

      Delete
  2. Hi. I've been reading your blog :) Exercising and eating healthy is a constant challenge for me and it's nice to know I'm not the only one. You are doing amazing things.

    Emily

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I try to be VERY honest in my blog, even if it means admitting to cheating on my diet. I'm glad you can relate! Success will come in time, even if there are a few failures in between.

      Thank you for that very nice compliment :)

      Delete