Friday, February 10, 2012

New Shoes

One of the benefits of judging for the "PA's Fittest" competition a while back was that I was given the opportunity to purchase a pair of INOV-8 shoes at a discounted "Judge" price.  Unable to pass up a great deal, I decided to get myself a pair to "see what they were all about."  



I've had the shoes for a couple weeks now and I have to admit, I love them. 

The Inov-8's were manufactured to maximize an athlete's overall speed, power, and responsiveness, whether forward, vertically, or laterally. The Inov-8's have all grounds covered.

WORD!


The shoes are much lighter than my New Balance that I've been wearing and feel much better for box jumping, running, and the biggest difference is when power lifting.  
My regular sneakers would naturally push me onto my toes, which is bad, but these shoes make it much easier to keep on my heels when lifting.  They take a little bit of getting used too, they feel different than sneakers, but I'm glad I gave them a shot and would recommend them to anybody that was considering getting them.  


Thursday:
Warm Up
10 Air Squats
10 Push Ups
10 Ab Matt Sit Ups
3 Rounds

WOD
50 Burpees for time
4:17

3 Mile run


Friday:

Strength
4 attempts at Max Rep of OHS @ 50% body weight = 75lbs
12
WOD
20 Minute AMRAP
10 Pull Ups (thin purple band)
10 Dead Lifts @ 110lbs
200 Meter Row
4+140

2 comments: