Thursday, February 16, 2012

Post V-Day Blog

I hope everybody had a wonderful Valentine's Day and I wanted to remind people that you don't need a LOVER on Valentine's Day, you just need love.  So if you are a single, try not to focus on being alone and focus on the love in your life that you do have (even if it's from a relative or friend, or who ever).  

With this being my 5th Valentine's Day with Dennis we decided that I would plan the evening for Tuesday and he would plan the night for this coming Friday (the 18th) so I'm super excited to see what he has in store for me :)

This week is an aggressive running week for me, by Sunday I will have hopefully logged 15 miles which is a huge increase from last week's 10.  Even though Tuesday was Valentine's Day Dennis and I made sure to get our normally scheduled work out in.  Me, 5 miles of running and Dennis, a WOD.   We then had an amazing dinner at The Grille at Bear Creek.  YUM!

Back to running.  I'm starting to notice that the first and last mile are my hardest.  It takes me about 1 mile (or about 10 minutes) to get used to the fact that I'm running.  After that, I can zone out and "just keep running."  I then get to a point where I'm starting to tire, right around the last mile and have to really focus on my breathing and my pace.  

The other day my sister-in-law asked me, "Does running/working out help you with your stress?"  EXCELLENT QUESTION! 

I'm going to use one my least favorite answers, "Well yes and no."

I'll start by explaining the "no."  The ONLY reason I would say running/exercising gives me stress is the time management aspect.  If I didn't have a full time job, it would be easy.  But fitting in long runs, or even a WOD some times can be a little stressful.  

The "yes" out weighs the "no" by a lot.  When I'm running, my mind is cleared.  I can zone out and not think about anything, or I can sort out things that have been on my mind.  Either way, it's amazing.  I can start out in a horrible mood, come back from a run and be a completely different person.  I've found that exercising has made me a calmer, more relaxed person in general.  I think working out is a great stress reliever.  Not to mention it will improve your health, your looks, and your overall feeling about yourself.  So many benefits to working out!  Remember you don't have to dive right into the deep end and workout for hours on end.  Just 30 - 45 minutes a day will make a world of difference. 

Here is a video of my FAVORITE Crossfit couple (trainer Mike and Molly) doing a Valentine's Day WOD together.  Extra credit to Molly for wearing red!  Remember the couple that WOD's together, stays together!  




Tuesday:
5 Mile Run

Wed:
Strength
800 Meter Run
20 TGU
800 Meter Run
20 Ab Matt Sit Ups

WOD
7 Rounds for Time
7 KB 1.5 pood
7 Air Squats
7 T2B

12:51 RX

No comments:

Post a Comment