Wednesday, February 8, 2012

My Running Stats

I think it's worth going through and reflecting on my achievement of training and running the 10k.  I want to emphasize the training, because that was the hardest part.  


In 7 Weeks, I ran a total of 77.27 Miles. 


Which averages to about 11 Miles per week.  


Each mile burns about 100 calories, so adding running to my normal workout schedule burned me an extra 7,720 calories or just over 2lbs.  


My slowest run was a 2 miles at a 12:53 minute pace. 
My fastest run was a 6.2 miles at a 9:19 minute pace. (which was the 10k)


I spent 11 hours, 31 minutes, and 49 in seven weeks running, which is almost a half of an entire day!  


I also cross trained (anything other than running) 23 times in that seven weeks.


20 of those cross trains were Crossfit, 1 was snowboarding, 1 was piloxing, and 1 was polefit. (there will be a blog at some point about these classes, stay tuned).  


Each cross train took at least an hour, so that is an additional 23 hours I put in.


I wish I logged every minute I complained about the training, because I'm sure it was a lot, but honestly I wouldn't have been able to complete the race with out it.


I also wanted to take a minute and explain why I'm doing so much running.  I think as long as I can remember I've hated running.  It's boring, its hard to do long distances, and I am not a natural "runner."  That is why completing these series of training programs and races would be a HUGE accomplishment to me.  


Anybody can do something they love well, but how many can do something they hate well, and stick with it?  I've signed up for 2 half marathons and never made it to either start line.  I have to redeem myself with the St. Lukes Half.  


Crossfit has really changed my view on what I can and what I think I can't do.  






Wednesday:


Glorious, glorious rest day

No comments:

Post a Comment