Thursday, March 1, 2012

Happy March!

Happy March everybody!  For those of you who haven't been counting down to my vacation, here is a nice little reminder!

 
I have 17 days until my week long vacation in the Bahamas and just this past weekend I pulled out of my tub of summer clothes.

I was giddy with joy.

Things were fitting me nicely and I have never been in more love with my arms/upper body than I am now.  It's amazing what a 9 month investment in your body can do.  For those of you who haven't started, start now, so in 12 weeks you can feel as amazing as I do. 

Last night Crossfit Games released the 2nd Open's WOD and I sometimes think I have no emotions whatsoever.  The WOD is:

in 10 minutes get AMRAP of:

30 Snatches 45lbs
30 Snatches 75lbs
30 Snatches 100lbs
As many reps @ 120lbs

And I honestly had no emotional reaction.  I've done Isabella (30 Snatches for time) at 75lbs in 4:45 minutes so I'm quite confident I will be able to get through the first 60 reps if time allows.  But then again, I'm not 100% sure.  I can't settle on a goal, and I guess I'm just pretty "blah" about this one.  I plan on doing this tonight at the 7pm class, so I will make sure to keep you updated!

This Saturday is my 10 mile road race, and its been the furthest thing on my mind this week.  I had an unusual week, which put a major hiccup in my routine, but I did my best to stay on track as far as exercising went.  If all goes to plan for tonight and tomorrow, I will have only missed 2 workouts in this months training program, which again, is a huge success for me.  (I usually quit my training programs).  I hope to beat 2 hours in the race on Saturday which is my current 10 miler race time. 



Monday:

Strength
5 x 2 Lower Back Squats
5 x 2 Shoulder Press

WOD
5 Rounds w/20 minute time cap
400 meter run
25 DU
15 HSPU

4+435


Tuesday:

3 Mile Run


Wednesday:

Forced Rest Day

No comments:

Post a Comment