Saturday, March 24, 2012

Crossfit Games 2012 WOD 12.4

Before leaving for vacation I knew that I had to complete the Crossfit Games 2012 WOD 12.4, which I early waiting for them to announce.  Then when they finally did, I became the most popular topic on twitter and facebook:


The WOD:


12 Minute AMRAP of
Karen (150 Wall Balls) 14lbs
90 Double Unders
30 Muscles Ups




My first thoughts: I knew I couldn't do a Muscle up so the best possible score I could get was 240, but that was a lofty goal.  


I looked back to my "Karen" time and I had done in a few months back, in 10 minutes with a 10lb wall ball.  So I knew that adding the 4 extra lbs was going to take me a little longer, but training since then should make that weight not very noticeable, so I decided GETTING to the double unders was my goal.  Even if I only got one.


Obviously I had been in a funk (see my last post) but after work, I went to Crossfit and I did 12.4 with as much effort as I could. 


I started off really well, I was breaking the wall balls into sets first 15s, another 15, then 10s and then 5s until I FINALLY got to 150.  With only seconds left I got 1 double under and I was done.  


I laid on the floor trying to catch my breath and I couldn't help but feel defeated.  I know I at least got to the DU's but my endurance has taken a beating.  I couldn't help but tear up and I was just really really sad.  


Luckily a fellow Crossfitter that is a HUGE supporter and inspiration (Courtney) was able to talk me out of my tears and helped me feel a little better.  We looked past how I did compared to others (which isn't always the easiest thing to do) and congratulated me for increasing my wall ball weight to 14lbs and sticking with it.  


It's really easy to look forward to what you WANT but its really hard to look back at what you've achieved.   




WOD:
12 minute AMRAP
Karen
90 DU
30 MU


Score:  151 reps

No comments:

Post a Comment