Friday, March 16, 2012

Losing Momentum

Losing Momentum is a super scary thing, and I have a terrible feeling that's exactly whats happening to me right now. 

I started having issues with my running last week (mile 2 I'd develop a cramp and wouldn't be able to walk it out) and since then, I haven't gotten in my miles to keep me on tract for the half at the end of April.  This has been a very difficult pill for me to swallow, and the thought of not being able to run the THIRD half that I've signed up for, would be a huge failure to me. 

Even though I wasn't running, I was going to Crossfit and getting my WODs in.  Some I'd do great in, and some would leave me upset and pissed, which is part of the deal but it's really been getting me.  And for the first time in months, I took 2 rest days in a row. 

Then I have the Burpee Challenge, which was simply a mistake.  I'm over 200 Burpees behind and the longer I wait to catch up, the harder it's going to be. 


WHERE TO GO FROM HERE?


I'm going to take a deep breath, calm down, and just relax.  This is the first time since I've started Crossfit that I've felt like this and that is ok.  I'm only human and I'm doing the best I can.  I'm going to be on vacation from work next week so I can focus on getting in miles and doing at home WODs while vacationing.  When I come back, hopefully nice and rested, my attitude and spirits will hopefully refreshed. 

I'll be back in time to complete the 5th and final Opens WOD and I can celebrate completing my very first Crossfit Games Competition, regardless of my placing. 

With all the extra time on vacation, I'll divide out my past due Burpees and come home with a clean slate.  Problems Solved. 

Losing Momentum is an easy option, but one you gain it back and keep it going, its a non issue. 


Thank you everybody for all your support, it means the world to me! 


Saturday:
As a Team of 2
200 Slam Balls
While 1 person works, the other does DU
sub 10

Sunday: Attempted Run

Monday:
WOD
20 Burpees
30 Squat Cleans
20 Burpees
sub 10

Tuesday:
WOD
25 minute AMRAP
50 Ground to Over Head
75 HRPU
100 Air Squats
125 Cal Row
1+30

Wed & Thurs: REST

No comments:

Post a Comment