Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Week 4 - Memorial Day Weekend

Traditionally in CrossFit Memorial Day weekend is the time in which every box does the infamous Hero Wod "Murph."  I have not completed MURPH (Click to Read about it) since May of 2012, scoring a completion time of 97 minutes.  

This year, I was again avoiding it.  But I had my reasons!  My mom, aunt, and cousin were coming down for a visit which meant that Dennis and I would have babysitters for the majority of the weekend.  Since we NEVER get to do bike rides without the kids, we took advantage without question.  

After somebody overslept and us going on a quest to get me a sesame bagel with chive and onion cream cheese (toasted) we were finally at the trail head of a bike path I've been wanted to go on for a while now, "Peach Tree."  

This 25 mile loop started and ended right off a spot of the Potamac River on the Maryland side.  The ride started out on a main road and up a hill but as I've come to learn, no hill that I've climbed wasn't worth the view at the top.  This bike ride was gorgeous and the weather was perfect, but flirting with it being a little too hot.  We did run into some wind on the back 10 miles, but nothing that made the ride miserable.   




Most of the ride was through country / farm land and it was very enjoyable.  There was an interesting section of the route that took us from country to residential development back to country, and of course at about mile 14, we got to the peaches!

Millions of Peaches, Peaches for Me. 

Even though we weren't trailing any children this time, our bike speed started off quite slow, but after the peaches, our pace picked up quite a bit and ended the 25 miles in 2 hours exactly.  Zero chance we would have made that time towing the kids.  

I was happy to feel that my ass and legs didn't hurt NEARLY as bad as they did on the previous bike ride.  Thank Goodness!  Dennis and I really enjoyed the ride and we were happy we got to do a ride just the two of us.  There were several sections that were on main roads, lots of hills, and sections of the path that were extremely bumpy.  Nothing you'd want to be towing a child on.  






Miles to Date:  77
Miles this Week: 25
WODs this Week: 4
Eating Grade: B

No comments:

Post a Comment