Friday, May 1, 2015

Hello World

I feel a little sheepish crawling back to my blog like this after so much time has gone by.  My last post was in October of 2014 talking about Dennis and I's first Century ride and let me tell you, a lot has happened since then.  

I must confess, in August of 2014, Dennis and I found out we were having another baby!  Surprise!



So for the months of July 2014 - March 2015 I was pregnant, which means that I was CrossFitting and Biking with a stowaway in my tummy!  Learning from my last pregnancy, I wanted to keep active, eat right, and try my hardest to keep my weight gain in the suggested window of 35-45 lbs over the 9 months.  Obviously this is easier said than done.  

A few months into the pregnancy, we learned that Little Seth's heartbeat was irregular and it was suggested by the doctors that I reduce my exercising from Crossfit to walking and/or anything "light."  So I made the final decision to freeze my membership until after I delivered and was cleared to come back.  

To sum it up, I was miserable.  I hate being pregnant.  Something was potentially wrong with Seth's Heart, and I couldn't Crossfit.  Fantastic.  

I tried to stay positive about everything that was going on and bottom line, Seth's heartbeat eventually regulated on it's own, I did as much light exercising as I could, and I kept myself within the weigh window that the doctors and myself set.  I had a lot to be grateful about.  

The Last Picture of me Pregnant

After delivering Seth and feeling good enough to get back at it, I made a promise to myself to use my maternity leave to jump start my health and fitness routine.  Having a toddler (Shane, who is 2.5 now) and an infant has proved to be one heck of a challenge, but I knew I would be so disappointed in myself if I wasted my time off by not focusing on myself just a little.  

On Monday, April 6th at 6:00am I committed.  Since then, I've gotten at least 3 WODs in per week, plus a bike ride for 4 weeks now.  

I'll save all the mental anguish for another blog post, but for right now, I wanted to start my blog back up and hopefully I can keep this up as well!

IT'S GREAT TO BE BACK!


No comments:

Post a Comment