Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Week 3 - Part 1 - Recovery Days

Our crazy road trip that brought us from VA to CT and back on Sunday night, another week was ahead of us and I was all but ready.  Our fridge looked like this:

Yes that is ACTUALLY our Fridge

I really did have all intentions of getting up at 5am and making the WOD, but my body had other plans.  I overslept.  Yes, I could have gone to another class, but I decided to take the day go to Costco and prep food for the next week or so.  If I couldn't get a good workout in, I wanted to at least eat right!

Tuesday was another day.  Except, I overslept AGAIN!  This time I was much more upset about it, and I knew that if I didn't work out today it would ruin my routine for sure.  So, I strategically kept Seth awake all morning, gave him a nice feeding at 9:30am, and headed to Crossfit Chantilly for the 10:00am class.  
As planned, Seth fell asleep on the car ride over, now all he had to do was stay asleep for the class.  

The strength was Snatches and the WOD was 5 rounds of Kettlebell Snatches and Wall Balls.  (Vom) but that's the way the cookies crumble.  Seth stayed asleep for the workout and I was happy to have put an end of my "rest" days. 



 Besides having a good workout, I ate fantastically!  (Is that even a word?).  The only thing I ate that was non health was a side of pasta with my home made shrimp scampi.  And the only reason I had that was to get rid of the pasta.  

Today has been another successful day, I made it to the 6am WOD and have been having a great eating day as well.  No pressure for Seth to stay asleep this time and I even tried out a new recipe for Brussels Sprouts and I really like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment