Monday, June 23, 2014

06-23-14 Angie

Having it be a Monday morning, and knowing that the WOD was Angie, getting up to go to Crossfit this morning was more of a struggle than most. 

Typically I like doing the Benchmark WODs but some of them just really make me sad, Karen being the WORST, Jackie being a close 2nd, and of course Angie making it to my top 3 hated WODs.  

I didn't know this until after the fact, but the last time I did Angie was back on July 12th of 2011 (You can read about it here).

Today we had the fearsome foursome at 6am (Erin, Martha, Britney, and myself) plus Jae representing the Males which was a nice way to start off the pain we were about to endure.  We all had the same look on our face about the WOD but when Adam started the clock, we did nothing but work. 

I started doing the Pull Ups at about 5 or so at a time, but then quickly had to go down to 3, and then lousy 1.  By 50 pull ups, my grip was gone and my hand was torn.  Great, 50 more to go.  At 80, Trainer Adam told me to switch to Ring Rows and I felt as if I had won the workout lottery.  

WRONG!

Those 20 last ring rows felt HORRENDOUS!  I couldn't believe how my arms felt and I had to break those last 20 reps out and I was so happy once I was able to move on to Push Ups. 

I must admit, I felt kinda empowered during the push ups.  Granted they were on my knees, but all the shoulder work that we've been doing here in CF Chantilly was finally paying off.  I was able to do sets of 25, then 10s, and breaking for only seconds at a time.  I will admit that the frequent Ke$ha songs playing also helped a bit, although I did notice it's very hard to count reps while singing.  

Once done with the 100 Push Ups, it was on to 100 sit ups.  Sit ups I don't really MIND, I just knew that it was going to be a slow and steady pace.  I was able to just get a rhythm and stick with it with minimal breaking.  The 25 minute time cap came and went,  but Trainer Adam gave us the option of continuing on and I wasn't going to just stop with 1 last set to go.  

Erin: "What the heck guys, why are you still going!?!"

Last item on the WOD was 100 air squats, the part I was dreading post Pull Ups.  And then something magical happened.  I cranked out 25 like it was nothing.  I though, ok cool, 3 more sets of 25 and I'm done.  I took a quick break and BOOM 2nd set of 25 done.  Holy Crap!!  

Erin asked how many I had left and I said 50 between breaths and she volunteered to do them with me.  Whoo Hoo!  We got to 10 where I stated I was going to 25 without breaking and boom, got it done.  

I was so pumped.  Last set, I did 10 and just needed a quick break, shook out my legs and pumped out the last 15 with Erin.  We were so hyped up!

I was curious how I did last time I did this WOD and I basically did all the same scales, at a 5pm class, and got 33:12.  




Today's time:  32:15.  Shaved off almost an entire minute, and that my friend is considered a win!


Angie

100 Pull Ups - Green Band/20 RR
100 Push Ups - Knees
100 Sit Ups
100 Air Squats

33:12

No comments:

Post a Comment