Monday, June 16, 2014

North End Crossfit and VA Beach

This past weekend my sister-in-law and I traveled down to Virginia Beach to celebrate our cousin's Bachelorette Party.  With travel, I like to visit other Crossfit Boxes if the weekend permits, and I'm happy to report I was successful in doing so this time.  

Friday was probably the longest day of my life.  I did a 6am WOD in Chantilly, went to work, drove 5.5 hours to the beach and then out to the bars until last call (which is a small victory in itself!).  

This is how good I look after being up for almost 24 hours
I knew that if I wanted to visit North End Crossfit, I had to make the 9am class on Saturday.  So after being up almost 24 hours, drinking, and getting only a couple hours of sleep, I woke up, put on my shoes, and walked my ass 10 blocks to the  box.  


I always feel a bit nervous going to a new box, by myself, in a new place but the awesome Crossfit community melts those feelings away almost immediately.  Until they post the WOD.  Blah. 

The WOD was semi scary, and to top it off it was a partner WOD.  I was all of a sudden reminded of when I was in Chicago where I was dropping in while traveling and it was a partner WOD.  I was having the "am I going to be picked last" thought and then "am I going to let my partner down" thoughts.  

When the coach said to grab a partner a nice older woman, Trish, was happy to work with me and I was equally happy to work with her.  The workout was brutal and it was hot out, and when it was over, I was left laying on the floor trying to catch my breath in a pool of my own sweat.  

WOD
25 Minute AMRAP
10 Pull Ups
15 Slam Balls
20 Box Jumps

Partner 1 runs 250 Meter Run with a Sand Bag while Partner 2 works on getting Reps.  Partner 1 picks up where Partner 2 leaves off.  


The work out was super challenging, but I was just grateful I could do all of the movements.  Trish was super supportive and I think we did just fine!  I was happy to add another box to my running tally on the right side of my blog and to add another T-Shirt to the collection!  This is what I looked like for the rest of the day.


No comments:

Post a Comment