Monday, June 23, 2014

The O'Donnell's take Chantilly

Back in 2011 when I started my Crossfit journey, I didn't start alone.  This was a commitment to health that Dennis and I took together as a couple.  

In the beginning we always went to the same classes.  We were new, we were weak, and we didn't know anybody.  We were each other's support.  As we became more seasoned and were "accepted" into the Crossfit Tribe, we were comfortable WODing separately, at different times, to fit each other's schedules.  

I started going to the 6am classes and Dennis was more of an after work type of WODer.  Even if I went after work, I'd be able to make the 5pm class where as Dennis would only be able to make the 6pm or 7pm class.  

Point being, we were WODing together when we could and were enjoying the sport of Crossfit as a "team."  

Ever since Shane has been in our lives, it happens almost never.  

It's kinda sad if you think about it.  Dennis and I started this together, worked hard side by side and watched each other reach goals, hit PR's and we even saw each other fail once and a while.  We shared the same enthusiasm for getting our 4-5 WODs in per week no matter what and personally I think Dennis finally saw my Athletic side.  We'd collapse after a hard WOD together and I can relive in my brain Dennis coming over to me to tell me I did a good job and try to high five me and I would simply say, "Don't Touch Me."  

However, last week, we were given an opportunity to finally WOD together at our new home box.  I couldn't have been happier.  And to make matters better, Trainer Kyle decided to document such event with some awesome photos.  



How did this happen? Well.  Shane's Daycare provider finally  had her baby (YAY) and my mom said she would come down to VA and watch Shane for us making it possible for Dennis and I to go to CrossFit classes together!  Go Karen's Mom!



Now I may or may not have talked about Dennis and/or warned CrossFit Chantilly about the Crossfit dynamic Dennis and I have during WODs, but lets just say that all the trainers were able to clearly identify Dennis before really getting to know him.  


Dennis graced myself and the 6am class 3 times that week (which was awesome) and he got to meet all of the different Trainers I see on a regular basis.  He loved them all, and loved how they are different in some ways, but are all around great trainers.  

This particular WOD that the pictures are showing was a hard one.  It's considered a chipper and we fought from start to finish.  Today was my first day back without Dennis by my side and I must admit, I was a bit sad.  Hopefully we will be able to figure something out in the future to keep our "Karen & Dennis" show alive.  




30 Squat Snatch
30 Ring Dips
30 Burpee Box Jumps
30 Shoulders to Overhead

Score posted above.  (And of course Stupid Dennis beat me as per usual).  

No comments:

Post a Comment