Monday, July 14, 2014

Crossfit Royalty

This weekend Dennis was in one of our good friend's wedding and we weren't going to miss out on an opportunity to visit a new box while traveling.  This has almost been a game to me.  Once my travel plans are finalized, I find the nearest Crossfit, creep their schedule, and see which WODs would work.  The last time I did this was in Virginia Beach when I did a drop in at North End Crossfit.  Dennis and I had done our research and we planned on visiting Crossfit Royalty at 6am on Friday morning.  Yay!!

And we'll never be roooooooooooyals (royalsssssssssss)

Happy to add another T-shirt to the collection and name to my growing roster on the right side of the blog, I eagerly waiting for them to post their WOD for Friday.  As I visitor in a new box I feel extra pressure to represent my home box (Crossfit Chantilly) as a good Crossfitter and I want to be able to not only do the WODs, but do them well.  

and then this happened:



Pefecto!  The strength was to work on cleans and the WOD was a triplet of  Cleans, Ring Dips, and Box Jumps.  All things I was comfortable doing!  

The strength was interesting as I had never done Cleans with a pause in the middle.  I worked my way up to 100lbs and failed at 110.  Apparently I was getting the bar up to my chin basically, but my mind got the best of me and wasn't communicating to my body that I could get under the bar quick enough to complete the move. Something I will need to / want to work on.  

I decided to stick with 100lb clean for the WOD, as the dude said it should be heavy (which it was).  Even though it was only 1 rep per round, I did fail a couple times, which made me feel good about the weight.  

After 8 Minutes of work I was happy with my score and Dennis was happy with his as well.



The over all feel of the gym was great.  The people were nice, the trainer was helpful, and the facility itself was large, clean, and well, Crossfitty!  

The rest of the day was pretty solid.  I took Shane for a 30 minute walk which he obviously enjoyed:


and then we spent a good amount of time in the pool:



And then Dennis and I were off to the rehearsal and rehearsal dinner!






No comments:

Post a Comment