Thursday, July 31, 2014

Crossfit Chantilly Party

Crossfit Chantilly's Birthday was this past Saturday and oddly enough Dennis and I were going to be in the area to join in the festivities.  There had been lots of talk during the week that the WOD was going to be a doozey, but those rumors both intrigue and excite me all at the same time.  

It ended up being a partner WOD for time.  The last time I did a Partner WOD was in VA Beach while dropping in at a new box,  but this was the first partner WOD in Chantilly for me.  I was semi anxious to see who my partner was going to be and how I'd stack up to them.  

I showed up for the 9am which is the early class on Saturday and to my dismay there were only two other people.  A husband and wife, who I assumed would be partners, leaving the cheese, (me), standing alone.  But as luck would have it, the husband was not doing the WOD and that left myself and Kelley to be partners. 

I've never WODed with Kelley before, but I did know that she's done a few competitions, she likes to yell at people when they are doing WODs and is semi loud when doing her WODs.  I was all ok with that!  I knew I had to step up my game to keep up with her and hopefully we'd make a good team. 

3...2...1...GO

The WOD was a chipper and between the two people you had to do:

100 DU
50 Pull Ups
50 Deadlifts
50 HSPU
50 Wallballs
100 DU

Everything was going pretty smooth until the HSPUs.  This was a weakness of Kelley, which is fine, because I was able to knock out 5-7 per attempt and I didn't at all mind carrying her in that event.  Mostly because I knew once we got to Wall Balls, I would be gassed and I'm typically slow on those anyway.  Once through the HSPU, Kelley took the lead on Wall Balls which was greatly appreciated by my legs, and we closed out the WOD in just over 16 minutes.  CONSIDERABLY faster than I had thought we would have done.  

Go us!

The rest of the day was spent at the box hanging out with fellow members and trainers.  I always enjoy getting to know the members and trainers on a more personal level besides what we learn about each other at the work outs.  Thank you CFC for hosting and I can't wait until next party!



No comments:

Post a Comment