Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Monday Funday

I wasn't thrilled to see running in the WOD today especially after the 5k on Saturday but I suppose there was nothing I could do about it.  I already knew that I'd be doing the WOD RX'd it was just a matter of how fast I would get through the rounds.
The first set of dead lifts the entire class finished at the same time.  Just imagine hearing 5 bars dropping at the same time, it was pretty comical.  We all headed out for the run (except for Martha who was rowing instead) where Brittney took the lead, Shawn and myself were neck and neck, and Jae was bringing up the rear.
As far as the push ups went, it was hard to tell how fast people were going so it was pretty much a hope you don't fall behind thing.  Round two Brittney held onto her lead and Shawn and myself were still very close.  I followed him out to the run, later accused of drafting, but hey whatever works!
The third round I believe is where I got ahead of Shawn, most likely on the dead lifts, and I was done in 10:29.  Brit had me my more than a minute, and Shawn was close to me, but ended about 20 seconds after me. 
I felt like it was quick WOD (pretty much a sprint) and the only time I rested was between the push ups, laying on the ground in my own face sweat.  I did all the dead lifts unbroken and I didn't walk during the run.  
I'm also trying to take the core work more seriously.  It's very interesting changing boxes as much as I have.  I got used to a certain way things were done.  Strength, WOD, every so often Cash Out.
Now I have to get used to the group Warm Up, Mobility, WOD, Core.  
The Core today was GHD Bench Press, which is super hard!  Basically imagine doing a bench press without a bench under you and using your abs to keep yourself up.  So the first time I used the PVC and thought I was going to die.  I then moved on to the 15lb bar and then today I used the 25lb bar.  Movement is no JOKE! 
Warm Up:
2 minutes jump rope
2 Rounds:
20 Walking Windmills
20 Leg Swings
10 Walking Lunges
10 Dislocates
10 Bear Hugs
5 Inch Worms
Mobility
Hamstring mobility
WOD:
4 Rounds:
15 Deadlifts (105#)
200 meter run
15 Hand Release Push-Ups
Core/Strength:
3×8 GHD Bench Press  (25#)

No comments:

Post a Comment