Tuesday, July 15, 2014

2 Lesson Tuesday

1.  My Over Head Squats need work.  My previous 1 rep max is 75lbs and today I couldn't do more than 55lbs.  These were from the ground (which doesn't phase me a bit bc I love Snatching and I can snatch a good amount of weight) but after getting the bar above my head, I would just stand there frozen.  I did a squat at 55lbs and then tried 65lbs and was just stuck.  While standing there with a bar over my head, Shawn did finally notice my creepy over extending elbows that only show while doing OHS :)
2. Ring Dips are hard.  I've been on the band for RDs for years now.  In fact, before today, I had NEVER even attempted to do a real ring dip.  So I figured, what the hell.  I set up, jumped up, lowered down....and was stuck.  Really really hard movement.  But when I use the band, its too easy and more fun than anything.  So during the WOD and going forward, my RDs will not have a band and I will do negatives until I can do them RX'd.  Someday!!
The first part of the core was GHD raises, which is one of my least favorites, so I skipped it and did my weighted sit ups.  Those take me so freaking long but as long as I keep moving, I can usually get the 2 sets done in time.  
Warm Up:
200 meter run
2 Rounds:
20 Dislocates
20 Arm Circles
20 Bear Hugs
20 Leg Swings
10 Air Squats
5 Ring Rows
Mobility
Counter Stretch or squat mobility
WOD:
12 minutes to complete 5×3 Overhead Squats (55#)
AMRAP in 9 minutes:
15 Ring Dips
30 Double Unders
4+9
Ring Dip Negatives
Core/Strength:
B. 2×50 Weighted Anchored Sit-ups (25#)

No comments:

Post a Comment