Monday, March 4, 2013

CF Games WOD 12.2 in well, 2013

After a week off of Crossfit for no good reason, I knew I had to get back to the box this week. 

Unfortunately, this is a week that Dennis is gone, so that means extra early mornings for me and the additional stress of taking care of Shane single handed. 

So let's rewind to March 2012 when I was in the best shape of my life and competing in the Crossfit Open.  Crossfit Games 2012 WOD 12.2.

Sigh.

I was excited to see the South Mountain Crossfit was doing WOD 12.2 today, but I knew before I even did the WOD, my results weren't going to be as good as they were a year ago. 

In 2012 I wanted to get all of the 45lb and 75lb Snatches, and 1, just 1 of the 100lbs.  Sadly I didn't make it through the 30 75lbs, but I kept attempting them and I did walk away with a bit of pride. 

This morning, not so much.

I was able to snatch the 45lbs with no problem.  I believe I did 15 in a row.  Dropped, reset and did another 15.  I was done with the 45's in 3 minutes (10 per minute) which I'm ok with.

Then came the 75s.  I kept failing.  I'd get 1 every few attempts, and with 3 minutes left on the clock, I dropped to 65lbs and able to Snatch with ease.  

lkajsdflkjalknsfaiovbafdlkmg

I know I keep bitching about how I'm not as awesome as last year but it's so hard to deal with.  I want to feel empowered, not defeated.  

I will get there.  I will get there.  I will get there.   

Strength:
Hold Shane until he stopped Crying so I could do the WOD

WOD:
12.2
30 Snatches 45lbs
30 Snatches 75lbs
30 Snatches 100lbs
30 Snatches no idea because I knew I wouldn't get there

10 Minute Time Cap

30 @ 45lbs
4 @ 75lbs
11 @ 65lbs

No comments:

Post a Comment