Wednesday, October 19, 2011

You Have to Celebrate Your Wins

When I started this blog I thought there was no possible way I could think of something related to crossfit to write about everyday.  Now granted, I haven't been posting every anymore, but it's been pretty close, and I am happy to know that I can think of a new topic to babble about! 

Today was no exception, and I can't make this stuff up. 

Lately I've been having a really hard time with things.  It's just been a bad week as far as getting back to my Crossfit routine, eating the right things, plus I haven't been sleeping well and when I do sleep, I've been having really bad dreams.  I feel like a walking zombie.  Which makes its harder to go to Crossfit and put effort into my meals and btw keeping up with a house, pets, and anything else that is thrown my way.  Sigh.  Oh, all while trying to keep my job and juggle my social life.  In fact, I've felt like a failure for a few weeks now and I just can't get out of this really weird funk. 

So today I pack my gym back with the hopes to go to the 5pm class.  Well guess what?  Because I had guests over last night, I threw all my shoes into my closest to make it appear that my house was clean and since my shoes were hidden in the closet, I ended up forgetting to pack them.  Normally this isn't a huge deal, but today it makes me feel like I failed once again. 

OK fine not the end of the world, I'll just have to go home before class and get them, and make the 6pm or even 7pm class.  That cuts into my running errands time, but those can wait. 

Then at 4:15pm I get a call at work and it is a friend that I used to work with at my current job.  She was just calling to tell me how much of an inspiration and how proud of me she was!!  I almost started crying right then and there.  She went on to say how she was just telling her friends how I was this success story to her and she thought it would be worth the phone call to tell me that she thought that. 

Here I was, beating myself up about how much I sucked and how horrible I was doing, and out of the blue this phone call comes.  I told her that she had no idea how much that meant to me and couldn't have come at a better time since I was feeling so down and out. 


As I said before, I had to run home and get my sneakers and I got to the box at 5:30.  I sat there and watched the 5pm class do the WOD and I started to feel hopeless again.  The WOD two movements that I knew I couldn't do:  Ring Dips and Rope Climbs.

I had attempted rope climbs wayyyyyyyyyyy back when 610 was at the other location and had to do the scaled version, I was already defeated....And then something magical happend.....




I fucking climbed the rope!!!!!!!!!!!!  (6 times in the WOD)!!!


I was so freaking excited that I called my best friend and left her a voicemail to tell her how I climbed the rope and how happy and proud I was.  I have to rememeber to celebrate my wins.  Especially since I've felt so crappy about things lately. 


WOD:
30 Minutes AMRAP
10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1-2-3-4-5-6 ect Snatches
19 DU
8 Ring Dips
1 Rope Climbs

6+1 Rounds. 

1 comment:

  1. Love it! Positive thinking should be the base of everything in life...because you deserve it :)

    ReplyDelete