Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Counting Calories!

I am happy to say that I am 99% back to my old self.  That was the worst cold/flu/sickness that I have had in a LONG time, but I survived a 3 WOD week last week and I am ready to commit 3 to 4 WODS in a week from now on.  Hooray!!  So maybe that will increase my bloggings as well?

Over the weekend my sister-in-law Colleen, my friend Heather, and I have decided that we want to help each other lose weight.  We all have very different situations, but we all share the same goal of being thinner (Shocker Right?).  So we all decided that we want to lose 1 pound a week until January 1st 2012 and we would do this by writing down our meals (starting Monday the 24th) and email each other what we ate while counting our calories. 

I've mentioned a few times before in older blogs that I've had major success with this in College.  In fact, I think I actually lost the "freshman 15" rather than gaining them, all because I counted my calories and ran.....a lot.  

So yesterday I fired up my Calorie Counting App (yes there's an app for that) and I found that I didn't need to make too many adjustments to my eatings.  As long as I eat lots of veggies and lean meats, I will have plenty of calories for each of my 5 feedings per day (breakfast, snack, lunch, snack, dinner). 

So day #1:  Success!!

I consumed 1360 Calories and I burned 277 Calories (estimate of Calories burned at Crossfit) and I stayed under my daily budget of 1283 by 200.  Simple math, right? 

Today is going to be a little more challenging because I am not going to work out.  That leaves me with 277 less calories that I was allotted yesterday, but with some major planning, I should be able to stay within my budget. 


Yesterday's WOD:

Skill:
10 Rounds
50 Meter Runs
5 Burpee's After Each Run

3 x 5 Back Squat 85lbs
3 x 5 Push Press 65lbs

WOD:
500 Meter Row
2 Rounds:
35 DU
30 Jumping Lunges
25 DU
20 Kettlebell Snatch
15 DU
10 Turkish Get Up

23 Minutes

Cash Out: 500 Meter Row - 1:53.5







1 comment: