Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Goats and Cows

Goat = Something you suck at.  Cow = Something you eat. 

Even though I suck at 90% of the crossfit movements, when I am asked to work on my goats I never know what to pick and today we had to pick three. 

So I made up my mind.  I want to be able to do an unassisted pull up.  So Goat #1 was pull ups using the red band. 

Goat #2 came to me like a ton of bricks.  Overhead Squats.  It's one of my most hated strength movement and I can't get above 45lbs.  Hate.Hate.Hate. 

After seeing other people's Goats, I saw Turkish get ups and decided to make that my third.  My left arm is really weak during these movements and I really just need to get more reps under my belt to get the form. 


I shall name you: Pull Up, OHS, and Turkish Get Up

While at the Fight Gone Bad 6 in Philly, a few of us joked around about going in together and buying a cow, better known as a cow share, and now we've started the ball on actually doing it.  I love how we work really hard during our WOD's but really have a sense of friendship and community outside of the gym. 

moo!
Skill:
10 Minutes AMRAP 3 Goats
5 reps then switch

WOD:
7 Rounds
6 Hanging Cleans (55lbs)
5 HSPU
8 Get out of the Pools

21:08

Cash Out:
4 - 100 Meter Sprints

No comments:

Post a Comment