Monday, October 10, 2011

It's Great to be Back!

After a long crossfit hiatus, I reluctantly showed up for the 6am WOD this morning.  It had been 8 days since my last WOD and it honestly felt like months. 

I say I reluctantly showed up for the 6am WOD not because I was dreading the workout, its because I'm still not 100% feeling better.  I still have 5 more days of the antibiotics and I'm still a bit congested.

During my 8 days with no physical exercise, I had a couple scary moments.  I was thinking to myself how easy it would be to just quit crossfit all together.  Isn't that insane?  I went from this super hardcore WOD-aholic to barely moving off the couch, easily eating whatever I wanted, and enjoying it.  Then two things happened.  I checked my credit card statement and saw that my monthly Crossfit charge when through and more importantly, I wasn't feeling so fantastic in the current pair of jeans I was wearing.  Enough was enough. 

So I spent the majority of Sunday cooking, cutting, and measuring my meals for the week and making sure they were all paleo approved.  Done. 

I went to bed at 9pm last night in hopes of getting 8 hours of sleep which was a good move on my part.  Up at 5am and WODing by 6am.  Dennis reluctantly joined me this morning, and when I say he reluctantly joined me I mean he kept telling me how much he was pissed at me for "dragging him there in the morning" etc, etc.  (And by 10am he was telling me how awesome he felt and how much energy he has for the day....ahem.  YOUR WELCOME!)

It felt really good to be back and moving.  I had to scale things down and take it easy, but showing up was part of the battle and as my health increases hopefully so will my performance.

Skill:
20 Double Unders
10 Push Ups
3 Rounds

3 x 10 Back Squats (45lbs)
3 x 7 Push Press (45lbs)

WOD:
12 Minute AMRAP
12 T2B
5 Side Box Jumps (20inch)
200 M Run w/sand bag

3+15

200 Flutterkicks (Cash Out) 2:07

No comments:

Post a Comment