Thursday, October 27, 2011

Free Sex!!

Got your attention, right!?

Back in my business class I learned that there are two words the will grab almost 100% of people's attention.  Free. and Sex.  (not necessarily used together). 

Growing up, I learned the value of a dollar and I tried to be wise with my money by trying to get the best value for my dollar and trying to get things for free (if possible).  This attitude and mind set got me addicted to using coupons.  I will never forget finding a .50 off coupon on soup, and then having the grocery store doubling it to $1.00 off and paying practically pennies for a can of soup.  WOW, thats cool!  I would then get coupons, match them with sales and get the most for my money. 



Nothing wrong with that, right?  WRONG!!!!

Before Crossfit and going paleo, I would thrive on saving huge %'s off my grocery bill by combining the sales and the coupons.  Now I'm lucky if I even use a couple coupons if any.  Why might you ask?  Typically the foods that the coupons are for are complete junk.  Candy, Sweet Cereals, Breads, things that I no longer eat.  Sporatically I will find coupons for Almond Milk, or frozen veggies which I like to have on hand in case I'm out of fresh veggies and in a pinch which I can use, but nothing like before. 

It is a little sad, I would get really excited at the check out to see how much money I saved with the bonus card and the coupons and now that thrill is pretty much gone.  I still coupon, (yes that is a verb) but I just do it differently.  I try to find coupons that are off a total purchase, rather than an item.  I look for coupons that are for healthy items and I pride myself on going to Produce Junction and paying way less for fresh produce without a coupon than in a typical grocery store. 

How else can I get my thrills?  Sweeping!! (Yes that is a verb)

I love entering contests!  I have a prettttttttttty good track record of winning things and lets face it, they are fun!  For whatever reason, lots of crossfit companies, JournalMENU, Life as RX, WOD Love, have endless contests and Facebook makes it so easy!  

Its a easy, fun, and cheap way to fill my crossfit gear fix!  

hahahaha no joke, I just found out I won another facebook contest!!! Don't Hate!

SKILL:
400 Meter Run Forward
400 Meter Run Backwards

2 minutes JR Forward
2 minutes JR Backwards

WOD: Camille

AMRAP 8 MINUTES
3 SNATCH COMPLEXES
3 WALL CLIMBS

1 COMPLEX = POWER SNATCH/HANG SNATCH/HANG SQUAT SNATCH
*IF BAR IS DROPPED DURING THE SNATCH COMPLEX, REP DOES NOT COUNT!
 
2+2

No comments:

Post a Comment