Thursday, July 12, 2012

It's An End of An Era

As if I wasn't going through enough both mentally and physically,  life decided to throw yet another curve ball at me.  

Seconds after landing in New York from Dennis and I's "Babymoon" in Chicago, I got 610's blog update saying the gym was going to be closed at the end of July.  My heart sank.  I started to feel the same way I felt when I heard Trainer Mike was leaving, and then again when I found out Trainer Molly was leaving.  Sad, very, very, sad.  

My workout identity was being taken away from me. 

Yes I know I'm being a LITTLE dramatic, but Crossfit610 gave me something that the LA Fitness' of the world couldn't.  It not only changed my body, it helped me gain confidence and taught me that I can do things that I never though possible.  (and that I can get under 150lbs!)

Over the months of training, all the members became friends and we grew as people together.  Bottom line, it was a really great thing. 

AS IF THINGS couldn't get worse, I learned that Tuesday July 10th was the last time I would ever WOD at Crossfit610.  UGH.  

Sparing all the details, it just wasn't possible to continue the gym the way it was.  And the best option for the owner and the members was to close the doors, but in hopes that everybody would go else where to continue their Crossfit Journeys.  

Something that meant a lot to me was that for the last WOD at 610, Elissa was by my side.  Her and I started Crossfit at the same time and I can honestly say that I am so happy to have crossed paths with her.  Besides being one of the nicest person I've ever met, she is inspiring.  It's been amazing watching her grow over the year and to see her achieve so much.  I will always remember and cherish all the stupid stuff we've done at the box, all our little jokes, and all the tears we've shed together (we are definitely the criers!).

Once all the classes were threw, the burning question that everybody was asking was.....What are you going to do?!?  Such a huge choice and it  being extra complicated for me since being due in November, my Crossfitting days were limited as it already was.  

With no other Crossfit location ideal to me, I was simply at a loss.  And then this happened:




How cool is that?  With things up in the air about where people are going to go, former 610 members were meeting up with what equipment they have to do WODs.  That just shows how committed, and how close we all had become.  

Among all the emotions and having things sink in, I realized that I have my membership at 24/7 that I had not been using at all.  

So today I swam, and I freaking loved it.  I always forget how much I love swimming until I get back into it.  I swear I am part fish (it would explain my love of The Little Mermaid, Finding Nemo, my tattoo, and my constant want to be near or on the water).  

Between the "at home WODs" at random meet up places and my 24/7 membership, I think I will be ok until after I have Baby O and then who knows from there!

I happened to bump into a former 610 member at 24/7 and it was nice to catch up! 


610 will always have a special place in my heart and I can't thank Trainers Mike, Molly, and Evan for all they've taught me, and how much they believed in me, even when I didn't believe in me.  

I hope to continue my Crossfit Career, regardless of where I end up, and I will ALWAYS ALWAYS know where I started and where I came from.  610 for life!!

1 comment: