Monday, July 16, 2012

Lots of Options!

Since lots of fellow Crossfitters are in limbo as to what their next move is as far as joining a new box, there have been some really awesome and creative solutions.

1.  Box Hopping.
Kate & Joanne @ Apex

2.  Outside WODs in Parks.

www.roninfitness.blogspot.com

3.  Giving Globo Gym's another shot.

Clearly that's not working out so well for some...

I have yet to box hop in the area, most require a fee of about $15 per class and if I can avoid paying per class, I will. 

I also have yet to do a Ronin Fitness class, but I'm planning on going tonight and you can pretty much bet that the outside WOD will be my next blog topic.  I'm going to add the Ronin Fitness website to my blog roll so you can keep up with those workouts if you are so inclined. 

Back when I first found out I was pregnant, I was having a hard time making it to WODs due to how I was feeling and as a safety net I got a summer membership at a local globo gym for the pool access.  I signed up in May, but I hadn't done anything with it until recently since obviously I dont' have anywhere to go. 

I've gone twice and both times I was very happy that I did.  Swimming laps is one of the more enjoyable workouts that I've done.  In college I took a swimming class (yes I got college credit to swim a mile) and it was the first time I ever learned how to freestyle swim.  I loved it.

Post college I've done 3 Sprint Triathlons but the once Crossfit came into my life, I didn't have access to a pool anymore and swimming wasn't part of my workout routine.  But I'm happy that I have access to a pool until I figure out my place back into the Crossfit community. 


It's no Crossfit Clock, but it gets the job done!



Not for Time:

500 Meter Freestyle Swim
500 Meter Swim with Kick board (Legs)

AMRAP: Tread Water



No comments:

Post a Comment