Friday, July 13, 2012

Crossfit Honor and Murph 2.0

I'm trying to get back into the blogging habit for multiple reasons.

1. It keeps me real.  If I'm having a bad day I can "vent' about it here and get it out of my head.

2. It's a fun way to keep track of my goals, PRs, and I'm sure one day (or maybe not) I'll have a lot of fun reading back.

3. I hope at least it provides some entertainment value to my fellow readers :)


So looking back at my blog posts, I have a few memorable days that I haven't blogged about and since I'm kind of in limbo right now with things, I'll use those as my blog topics.

Back on May 28th, 610 did Murph (one of the most notorious benchmark WODS) and it was my first time ever doing it.  I specifically remember dodging this bullet last year and thinking that the people that showed up for that WOD were absolutely crazy.  I was up for the Murph challenge this year, but the timing wasn't ideal.  Murph, on a hot day, unbroken, and pregnant.

Before I knew that 610 was doing Murph, I had committed to splitting Murp (I will now refer to half Murph as Murph 2.0 going forward) with one of my friends Hillary that used to go to 610.  Her and her now husband Blake both trained at 610 and when they did, as things typically happen there, we all became friends.

Dennis and I were sad when they made the switch to Honor, but as they say, location, location, location. 

So of a sudden I was going from never doing Murph to doing Murph and Murph 2.0 in the same week.  Some may say that is crazy, but not as crazy as somebody that will remain nameless (http://blog.reformedfatty.com/)  that was going to do Full Murph twice in one week! 

As weird as it sounds, visiting new boxes, both near and far has become something that Dennis and I very much enjoy doing.  It's cool to see the slight differences each box has, and learning from them.  Even though we knew we were in a world of hurt at Crossfit Honor, we were excited to finally see the facility.

I f*cking love the Lime Green!

The facility was incredible.  HUGE space, nice equipment, great staff, and did I mention the logo was lime green? 

So on Thursday, a mere 3 days from doing Murph, Hillary and I were teaming up for Murph 2.0. 

Lets just say that Hillary carried me!  She did slightly more than half of the WOD, and for that I thank her.  Her and I chipped away at the WOD and when we were down to the final mile, I don't think we could have been more proud. 

Dennis, doing Murph for the 2nd time, changed his strategy by breaking up the movements proved to be the faster strategy. 

MURPH is no joke!

For time:
1 Mile Run
100 Pull Ups
200 Push Ups
300 Air Squats
1 Mile Run

As a team:  I believe we finished in about 44 minutes? 

No comments:

Post a Comment