Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Sportsfest 2012

One of the best and worst things an average Crossfitter can do for their self esteem is be a spectator for any Crossfitt Competition. 

Every. Single. Time I've watched Dennis compete in Crossfit, I've kicked myself for not signing up and trying.  Most events have a scaled division, which I'm pretty capable of.  This was my 2nd year spectating Sportsfest and I can remember the first year being completely blown away by the athletes.  I remember feeling so excited that if I worked hard enough and stuck with it, I'd be out there "testing my metal."  (I believe I had only been Crossfitting for about 4 months at this point). 

This year I watched the athletes thinking, yup, I could have done that.  (now over a year into Crossfit). 

However, reality set in and I have to remember that I am 25 weeks pregnant.  After a day of watching the Cleans, Box Jumps, and Tire flips, I was ready for a nap! 



So what I have to do from now until I can get back into my "normal" Crossfitting routine is to pack away all the motivation, dedication, and inspiration that I feel when watching others succeed. 

I have to remember that pre-pregancy I made leaps and bounds, and although it will take work to get back at it, I will get back to the level I was.  I'm sick of being average.

Congrats to all that participated in Sportsfest 2012, it was a pleasure watching everybody compete and I am, as always, humbled by everybody's passion of Crossfit. 

No comments:

Post a Comment