Tuesday, July 17, 2012

First Ronin Fitness WOD for me!

As I posted yesterday, under option #2, a few 610er's have been meeting at a park and doing Strength and WODs together.  Yesterday was my first time attending one of the park WODs and it was no joke.  


We started off by taking a warm up job down a football field and back.  Then did a few running exercises such as high knees, running backwards, and a side step run that I can't remember the name of.  


Johnny then reviewed what we were doing for strength, which today was finding a 1 rep max of a shoulder press, and we split into three groups.  Guys, light girls, and heavy girls (light and heavy meaning bar weight, not weight weight). 


We rotated through while people found their one rep max and even though we were limited on bars and weights, and no racks, we worked as a team to make sure everybody had an equal chance.  



Human Racks!


After the strength portion we were ready for the WOD, which today was Annie.    Since I'm "with child" I had to scale the WOD.  Instead of Double Unders, I did singles and instead of sit ups, I did knees to elbows on the ground and cut the reps in half.  Even though it was a scaled version, I still felt like I got in a great workout.  

Two really awesome things that I noticed at today's WOD was there was a brand new person at the class!  Somebody that never crossfitted before came out and did the WOD with everybody, and hopefully she continues!

Secound, Armon hit a HUGE PR on the shoulder press.  I'm not sure the exact weight, but dude is strong and I can't wait to see how much that goes up over the next few months.  Keep at it Armon!!!

Special thanks to Johnny for running the classes and coming up with the programming!


Strength:
Find 1 Rep Max of Shoulder Press
75lbs 

WOD:
Annie
50-40-30-20-10
DU
Abb Matt Sit ups

I did HALF Annie in 7:52

No comments:

Post a Comment