Tuesday, June 19, 2012

"Aha Moment"

I know its only been 3 days back at Crossfit (thursday, saturday, and yesterday) but I already feel like a new person. 

I was on the fence about doing the strength (which was back squats) but I hadn't moved a bar in weeks and I thought I'd give it a try.  I started off with just the 35lb bar and did sets of 10 working my way up to 65lbs (the weight I'm supposed to stay at while pregnant). 

Just having the bar on my back and going through the movements was enough empowerment to keep me wanting more.  I know it sounds so stupid, but I felt so accomplished, even after only "maxing" out at 65lbs.  (BTW my 1 rep max is some where close to my body weight, 155ish.)

After the strength we had the WOD which was:

2 Sets of:

Run 1000 Meters
40 Hard Release Push Ups
8 minute cap

First round I got through 21 HRPU and the Secound round I only got through 15ish.  Not horrible, but not super fantastic. 

Cash out included 50 ring rows with a 5 minute cap, and I completed them in 4 minutes and 30 secounds.  I was completely spent. 

I left the gym feeling accomplished, fatigued, and just really proud of myself.  Crossfit has become such a big part of my life, and without it, I was basically a big bowl of mush.  (Physically and Mentally).  And since I have adjusted my bed time from 7pm to about 10:30pm, and added Crossfit back in, I've been sleeping better and now when I feel tired, I know it's because I've physcially exhausted myself at the box, not just sitting at work feeling sorry for myself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment