Thursday, April 26, 2012

PR'ed by 40lbs....NBD.

I know that I've talked about the WODs that completely kick my ass and kill my ego and have me leaving the box in tears, but rarely have I ever talked about the WODs that do the opposite.  So that is what I shall blog about today!

Since the new sign in policy, I have pretty much stopped eagerly waiting for the next day's WOD to be posted so I can mentally prepare myself.  I've already signed up for the class and I'm going regardless. 

Yesterday's WOD:

Strength
7 attempts to find your 1 Rep Max of Dead Lifts

WOD:

Rowing Pyramid
Row for 1 Rest for 1
Row for 2 Rest for 2
Row for 3 Rest for 3
Row for 4 Rest for 4
Row for 3 Rest for 3
Row for 2 Rest for 2
Row for 1 Rest for 1

Cash Out:

1 Attempt to do Max Reps of HSPU


Nothing I was particularly dreading, finding your 1 rep max is always fun and rowing is "eh" to me.

So we great care and caution I started loading my bar.  I couldn't remember what my previous 1 Rep Max was so I was going to simply go by feeling.  Too light, I'll add weight, too heavy, drop weight.  Not rocket science. 

I started with a 45lb bar and put two 10's.  Cake.

I worked my way up to 195 and then decided that I wanted to get to at least 200.  So I added 5 more lbs and I was able to get the lift. 

Dennis keeping a watchful eye said that that weight looked easy and that I should keep going.  With only about 5 minutes left, I increased the weight to 215 and was success. 

Since I still had time, I figured what the hell, I put on 2 more 10's making it 235 and failed.  I wasn't sure how to feel since I didn't know what my previous 1 Rep Max was so I was eager to check when I got home. 

The rowing was challenging, but I pretty much killed it.  Girls were expected to get 3,500 meters and I finished out with 3,889.  I felt like my form was much better than it has been in the past which will obviously help with my speed / pace.

After a bit of a rest, I did my attempt at Hand Stand Push Ups and with two abb matts below my head, I was able to do 16 in a row.  The second I was back on the ground I decided that I'm no longer allowed to use 2 abb matts.  From now on, I will only use one. 

I drove home and checked my last 1 rep max and it was 175.  I increased my 1 rep max of dead lifting by 40lbs.  How cool is that? 

Everybody did a fantastic job at the box today and I left feeling so proud of myself and everybody else that got a PR!

No comments:

Post a Comment