Friday, April 20, 2012

3 WODs in the Books!

I am so proud of myself for completing 3 WODs this week (2 of them were 6am'ers!).  As you all probably noticed, I had been out for about a month and I was truly worried that I wasn't going to be able to get back into the rhythm, but after this week, I have nothing to worry about.

The funny thing about taking a month off, is I feel like I've taken a month off.  I get easily winded, I've obviously packed on a few extra unwanted pounds, and my recovery times during and after the WODs are longer. 

I know that after about a month or so of 3-4 days a week I will be back to my normal self, but it just goes to show that Crossfit is something you have to keep up with regularly. 

Crossfit610 just implemented a new policy where members have to to sign in for classes ahead of time and if you miss your class, there is a monetary penalty before you can rejoin a WOD.  Like any change in life people were a little skeptical about it, but honestly, I love it. 



Typically I plan out my week socially and then I base my Crossfit class times around that.  If I have something going on after work, I Crossfit in the morning or take it as a rest day or if I get out of work early I make the 5pm rather than the 6pm and things like that.  Very loosely based and pretty much whatever I could swing.   

Now, once I commit to 6am class, you bet your ass I don't snooze the alarm anymore in fear that I'll miss the class and have to pay money! 

Also, since the sign up feature, I've never been to a class that was too packed.  It's amazing.  It's adding another level of structure to my work outs and just helps me plan better for the week. 

Plus I get to see all the classes I attend in my attendance summary which makes me feel accomplished. 



Strength:
2 Rep Max Front Squat
95lbs

WOD:
10 Minute Time Cap
2 Rounds
30 Chest to Bar Pull Ups (Green Band)
30 Slam Balls (20lbs0
time: 10:00

Cash Out:
30 Sumo Deadlift High Pull (? LOL) for time (65lbs)

3:19




No comments:

Post a Comment