Monday, April 16, 2012

annnnnnnnnnnd I'm Back!

I am so happy to report that I finally did a WOD today!


I've been sick and so drained of energy, I decided that until I felt better I would stay away from Crossfit until I was ready to return.  Today was that day.  Ekkk!  


And the funny thing was, I make a rookie mistake.  I checked the blog the night before and said the same thing I've said 100 times only to be dead wrong the next day, "That Doesn't Look so Bad."


I knew I was wrong the second I walked into the box.  I saw people drenched in sweat (most likely because of the 85 degree weather), huffing and puffing, and laying on the floor in sheer exhaustion.  When will I learn that ALL WODS LOOK EASY ON PAPER?


It was really good to see people that I haven't seen since I'd been there last, its really amazing how I only see these people at the gym and how good of friends we've all become.  People were asking me how I've been feeling and were really happy to see me back at it.  It was a nice welcoming feeling and I really appreciate it all!  Then it was time to work. 


We started off with some strength, 20 minutes to do 8 reps 3 times at 80% of our max back squat.  Me, going a bit lighter than the RX'ed stopped at 80lbs and holy shit was a sweating!  Nothing like having your ego crushed within the first ten minutes of of WOD.  


Then time for the cardio/endurance segment of my day.  200 Meter Run, 10 Wall Climbs, 200 Meter Run, 9 Wall Climbs, etc all the way down to 1 Wall Climb and then a nice little cash out of 75 abb matt sit ups for time.  


Thankfully there was a 25 minute time cap on the WOD because I would have been there for hours.  It took me 25 minutes to complete the 10's, 9's, 8's, 7's, and I just barely got through the 6's.  I was spent and completely soaked.  


While cooling down and stretching, I was able to catch up with more fellow fitters and again, it was just so great to be back in the gym.  I'm hoping to get at least 3 days in a week, and then after a few weeks going back to 4 (schedule and health depending).  


I AM SO EXCITED TO BE BACK!




Strength:
8 x 3 Back Squat at 80%
(80lbs)


WOD:
200 Meter Run
10 Wall Climbs
200 Meter Run
9 Wall Climbs
(Down to 1)


25 Minute Cap
I completed through the 6's


Cash Out:
75 Abb Matt Sit Ups for Time


3:01

No comments:

Post a Comment