Friday, April 27, 2012

Crossfit Confession

For those of you who would haven't been picking up on allllllllllll the clues in the past three months, I have a confession:


I'm Pregnant!


Not only am I pregnant, but I've been pregnant for about 12 weeks now.  Which means multiple things. 

1.  I ran my 10 Mile Road Race Pregnant (unknowingly). 
2.  I competed in my Crossfit Opens Pregnant. 
3.  That explains my leave of absence randomly
4.  Explains why I've been "taking it easy" lately

To be honest, before I knew I was pregnant, I didn't notice a damn thing.  I was running and crossfitting as normal.  No problems.  I felt great!!

As time went on and the doctor confirmed the good news, things started to rapidly change.  I started to become insanely tired.  As in, I could barely get up in the morning, and when I finally did, all I wanted to do was to get back into bed as soon as possible. 

Then, the sickness.  It would strike at any time, and it was not good.  

So my only option was to take it easy and rest.  Meaning no crossfit until I was feeling up to it, which was so painfully hard.  

All I wanted to was to feel better and workout, but I HAD to listen to my body and my body was telling me to rest and sleep as much as possible.  I literally felt like I was going to have a mental breakdown.  

Just imagine how I felt.  My ENTIRE LIFE was revolved around Work, Crossfit, and Running, and suddenly I didn't have the energy to get out of bed.

And at the same time, my body was growing.  Everything that I had worked so hard to reduce, was slowly coming back for multiple reasons.  That was probably the hardest thing for me to deal with.  And it's still taking time for me to deal with.  

So let's FF to now, when I finally have my "energy" back.  The news was that when I talked to my doctor about working out, he said that I could do what I want, just as long as I listened to my body, rest when I need to, and drink plenty of water.  SWEET!

Last week I went to 3 WODs and even though I was slow and light weights, I went through the motions and finished, every time.  This has helped me a great deal with many things.  

I feel like I'm no longer a waste of life.  Working out has really become a huge part of my daily routine and going without if for a few weeks was unbearable.  

I am keeping up with my health/endurance/strength.  I'm not trying to set any records here, but I'm just trying to maintain what I have already accomplished.  Even if my heart rate is being raised, I'm not overdoing it.  This will help me AND baby during delivery.  

Everybody at the gym has been amazing!  At first, only Trainer Evan knew what was going on so that if I was going slow or light, he wouldn't scream at me to go faster and just to keep an eye on me to make sure I wasn't over doing it.  Then when we started spreading the good news, people were so supportive of me and most of all super happy / impressed that I was continuing the Crossfitting.  


I am so happy that Dennis and I are able to FINALLY talk about this in our blogs, as it has been really hard to keep this one a secret!  



WOD:

3 Rounds
20 Turkish Get Ups
40 Double Unders

(Between rounds 1-2 and 2-3 row 800 meters)


No comments:

Post a Comment