Wednesday, May 16, 2012

So Far, So Good

I am so happy to finally be blogging today!  I feel as if this week has started in such a positive way and things finally feel like they are coming together for me.

In pure depression and desperation I decided to join a local globo gym in addition to belonging to Crossfit610.  My reasoning's were my day to day health and tiredness are simply unpredictable, so I wouldn't always be able to make a WOD.  Knowing how missing WODs feels, I felt like having a back up gym, some place is that open 24 hours a day would make me feel better.  If I wasn't feeling up for a scheduled WOD, but felt better later, I could go to the Globo for a bit to at the least get some cardio in. 

Also, I've finally started to get my shit together with my diet.  When I found out I was with child, I went nuts.  I blamed all my "cravings" on the baby (which were untrue) and when I finally noticed my belly growing because of my poor eating and lack of working out rather than the baby, I got really upset.  Luckily I can "blame" my bump on the baby, but I know my body.  So this week I took the time to plan and prepare my meals and I know it's only Wednesday, but I already feel better.  And isn't that the point?  TO FEEL BETTER?  Looking better will simply be a side effect.  And an added bonus is that all the fruits and veggies I'm finally eating are not only good for me, but they are great for baby!

So for the first time in more than I year, on Monday I set food into the Globo gym and I have to say the experience was not pleasant.  I went to the locker room, got changed (ironically into a Crossfit610 shirt) and made my way to the cario room.  I stepped on the elliptical machine and I was instantly bored.  I didn't have headphones with me and the small TV's were to far away for me to see clearly, so I put my attention to the center of the room where people were "weight training." 

Now don't give me wrong, I give these people credit for making the effort of going to the gym and doing their own circuits, but I couldn't help but laugh.  Most of the people spent half their time talking to one another, doing minimal work, and honestly I only saw one guy that looked jacked.  (I actually wanted to approach him and ask him if he's ever heard of Crossfit).  A complete culture shock to my core and after 15 minutes I needed to get out of there.  Headphones are a definite requirement for globo gyms. 

Yesterday I felt well enough to go to a WOD and sure enough when it was done, I felt so great, really proud of myself, and it was so wonderful to see everybody!  I felt a bit sheepish coming back after a long break, but everybody was so happy to see me and acted like I never missed a beat.  After the WOD people were on me about drinking lots of water, it's clear that Baby O is already very loved and will have tons of aunts and uncles.  It's such a refreshing thought. 

Trainer Evan has also been amazing to me.  Even though it's a joke about asking me how I'm doing every time he sees me, he seriously asks me how things are going.  During WOD's I know he is keeping a watchful eye on me, and will make sure that I'm not dying.  He was super supportive of me joining the Globo Gym, especially for the pool access, and he said that whenever I'm ready he will freeze my account and when I'm ready to come back, we will start right back up.  He even joked about setting up a place for Baby O when I want to work out.  He's really made me feel awesome about everything and I really appreciate it. 

So hopefully my positive trend starts this week and continues on.  I've been in hiding for way too long and it just didn't feel natural. 

Endurance:
1/2 Mile Run

10 Minutes AMRAP
20 DU
10 Air Squats
5 Burpees
(4 rounds completed)

WOD:
TABATA Push Ups
500 Meter Row

TABATA Burpees
500 Meter Row

TABATA Slam Balls (20lbs)
500 Meter Row

6:13, 6:18, 6:12

No comments:

Post a Comment