Sunday, May 25, 2014

Reebok Crossfit Games 2014: Mid Atlantic Regionals

Finally, moving to Virginia has proved convenient for once!  The Reebok Crossfit Games 2014 Mid Atlantic Regionals are held in VA very close to our house.  Now all we needed was for SMCF to qualify.  Done and Done!


SMCF's team qualified from the Crossfit Open and advanced to the Regional in Virginia.  Hooray!!  We were so excited and so happy that our old crew would be making the trip to see us, and we'd be there to support them.  

With all but one of my workouts completed for the week, I could finally relax on Saturday and sit there an watch other people work out.  And let me tell you, it's exhausting!  


Any time I watch elite Crossfitters compete, I end up feeling two different things.  

1. I feel as if I am a tiny spec of dirt in the Crossfit community.  I feel as if my accomplishments are nothing compared to these people, and I feel embarrassed about my "small" struggles to get my act together, eat right, and dominate.  These people give up SO much (and obvious more than I am willing to give up) and it shows.  

2.  After I feel smaller than a spec of dirt, I end up feeling so pumped up and motivated, I want to aim to be the fittest person on earth!!  I get so jacked up watching these people toss around weight, give it all they've got, and it's contagious.  Watching people work out is so odd, but it for some reason gets to me, and makes me want to be just like them. 

Once the heats with SMCF team were done, we sat outside in the amazing weather and tailgated for the rest of the evening where I was hit with one final emotion.  Homesick.  

I'm not one to be get homesick, I probably can count the times I specially missed my home on one hand, but this weekend sure hit me hard.  I was with people who had been there with me since the beginning (Court, Joanne, Fox, Brando), some of my favorite 6amer's (Lynne and Christa) and some who were my favorite to look at at 6am (Matt), some of my old coaches who helped form my Crossfit knowledge (Curt, KC, and Brad), and then others who I only knew briefly, but acted like I had never left the box.  (Queue eyes watering right now..ugh).  

As I posted just a few days ago that I am started to make a presence at my new box (which I love) and moving on that way, it sure was amazing to spend an incredible weekend with my old SMCF family and this weekend I couldn't have been more proud to be wearing your shirt!


No comments:

Post a Comment