Thursday, May 22, 2014

Beast Unleashed

It's about fucking time!


For whatever reason, since my run in Florida, I've been half assing to get back into mental and physical shape.  I had every tool in the fitness world to help me succeed, but I was missing one thing.  My inner beast.  

But lately, for about a week now, something in me has changed.  I feel loyal to the workout program I've decided on.  I feel committed to the membership that I've invested in at CFC.  And more importantly, I've unleashed the beast.

I have to speak to the Crossfit Chantilly community.  I walked into the box a seasoned yet weak unknown, and now, I've completed the foursome of 6am girls who are constantly IMing each other daily.  We basically take role call for who's going to the WOD the next morning, who's resting, and who's shoulders are blasted from the week's WODs.  I LOVE IT.  They recognize my strengths (Snatch) and my weaknesses (Wall Balls) but they support me no matter what.  It's simply awesome, awesome, awesome.  

I've been really drilling down on my eating.  Incorporating more veggies rather than fruits (I've evoked the no fruits after 12pm rule), trying to eat every 2-3 hours, and trying to keep that Carb, Protein, and Good Fat ratio going.  I'm changing my view on food all together.  I'm trying not to live to eat, I'm trying to eat to live.

In addition to my Crossfiting and food awareness (I refuse to say I'm dieting) I've added two more elements to my routine.  Running and Biking. 

Now running I've done in the past.  It took me a long time to do it, but I completed a 5k, 10k, 10 Miler, and Half Marathon within a year, and boy was that hard.  BUT the rate in which my body was forming into what I wanted it to be was cray cray.  So whether it's mental or what, I am convinced that I need to be running 3 times a week in addition to my Crossfiting 3 times a week and eating clean to see rapid results.  

Biking is the fairly new exercise craze for the O'Donnell's this year.  Why is that you ask? Location, location, location.  In PA, we did have some options for biking, but nothing like the W&OD Trail here in VA.  And as a side note, can we talk about how the W&OD Trail basically spells WOD?

Dennis and I discovered this amazing trail a few weeks ago and we've been biking it as often as possible.  Dennis has even gone to the extent of biking 10 miles of his commute to and from work.  Saving him time, gas, money, and he is outside exercising on this trail on a bike he spent a good amount of money on.  Win Win Win Win Win situation.  

So far we've done about 4 or 5 Medium Length bike rides on the trail but this Memorial Day weekend we are going to attempt the whole trail.  The whole 50 miles, towing our son.  Wish us luck. 



And the crazy doesn't stop there.  For Dennis' birthday, we have signed up to bike 100 miles for the MS City to Shore event in September.  Holy shit.  

The event is a double win as the money raised goes to MS research, which, my uncle and one of my brother's closest friends suffer from.  I'm happy to raise money for this cause, and if you'd like to donate (any and all amounts welcomed and appreciated) please see the event page for a link.  

So I'm starting to think that this is my new starting point and I'm getting giddy just thinking about how slowly but surely I'm unleashing the beast.  

No comments:

Post a Comment