Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Sunday = Day of Rest

I apologize for the lack in blogging this week, as per usual I had an exciting weekend and I was running around like crazy buttoning up details for Sunday.  Sunday was Shane's baptism. 



Knowing that Sunday was going to be filled with church, family, and food, I arranged my work out schedule so that Sunday would be a day of rest.  In order to make that happen, I had to WOD Monday - Wednesday - Friday and run Tuesday - Thursday - Saturday.  And go me, because that is exactly what I did. 

The running program that I am currently using has been great so far.  I'm running relatively short distances which are slightly increased each week.  This past week 1.75 miles was my longest run and thanks to my phone and app that I use, my pace has been improving with each run.  I'm not at the pace I'd like to be with these shorter runs, but I know from past experience that it will improve the more I run. 



Crossfit has also been going well, I've learned that the 6am class is the place for me.  It works very nicely with the schedule and routine that I'm on (along with baby Shane's and Dennis') for the time being.  It may have to adjust next week when Shane starts day care and we have a better sense of what Dennis' job schedule will be until we move (more on that later). 

Friday's WOD was both enjoyable and ass kicking as per usual and I'm still having a great deal of mental frustration that all my weights are considerably less than when I stopped and my endurence for WODs have gone way down. 

As my old Trainer Molly would say, "suck it up buttercup." 

And that is what I plan on doing.  Instead of having pride in achieving new and amazing PR's and feeling amazed that I completed Crossfit WODs, I will now strive to get back to where I was, using my Weight Stat page as a guide. 

Right now I am focusing on losing my pregnancy weight and then focusing on my strength.  I know all of this comes with time and hard work but I know that if I stay committed, I will be successful again.

 
Strength: Squat Cleans
5 Every Minute for 5 Minutes (?)
45lbs


WOD: “Diana”

5 rounds for time of

9 deadlifts 225/155

9 HSPU


5:50  65lbs DL
6 HSPU (with 1 ab matt)

No comments:

Post a Comment