Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Digital Mustard - A Brand New Year

I am obviously a little late on this post, but on November 7th, 2012, this little guy made his grand appearance into the world at 3:10pm.  

Mini Dennis?
Sparing all the gory details, the delivery went very well and for all you women out there thinking about having a baby, my advice to you.  BE IN SHAPE!

Pre-pregnancy, I was in what I would consider the best shape of my life.  I was eating well, running consistently, and  WODing 3+ times a week.  And looking back at pictures, I was lookin' pretty good :) 

If you followed my sporadic blog posts since the pregnancy, things went downhill as far as my fitness level.  I did what I could, but being pregnant was a huge roadblock for me and unfortunaltly my exercising was slim to non for the majority of the last 5 months of pregnancy.  However when it was time to push, I really think that all the hard work pre-pregnancy paid off.   


"Shane Martin for Time"


4 Pushes
Every 3 Minutes until Baby is born

01:10:00  or 120 Pushes


Now that Shane is about 2 months old (holy crap) I've been cleared by my doctor to start working out again and what better timing with the New Year starting.  

2012 was one of my most successful years fitness wise and I was OH SO CLOSE to achieving my half marathon goal.  This year it will be even harder to chase and achieve, but isn't that what makes goals fun?

While Baby Shane was sleeping yesterday, I sat down, thought about my diet and how I needed to make some major changes.  And continued with the follow through by planning and prepping all my meals for the rest of the week.  

Gold Star to me!

I also had some time (thanks to Reformed Fatty, who by the way isn't so Reformed anymore) to sit down and look up training programs for running and aligning them with local races.  

I WILL DO MY BEST TO COMPLETE A HALF MARATHON IN 2013. 

After all the dust has settled with the pregnancy, I gained about 20lbs.  I am very confident that if I slowly ease back into my Crossfit/Running/Paleo ways, I will lose my "baby fat" in no time.  

It feels really good to be blogging again and I wish all my lovely readers a fantastic New Year and to make 2013 the best one yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment