Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Fran

It had been a long time since my last WOD and out of habit, the night before my first day back at Crossfit, I checked the website to see if the WOD for tomorrow was posted.  And it was.  And the first thing out of my mouth was mother f*cker.  Dennis then responded with, I was hoping you weren't going to check that. 

To my dismay the WOD for the next day was Fran.  

I'm going to need all of those 4 spaces for my time :/


For those of you non Crossfitters, Crossfit has a handful of Bench Mark WODs, all with girl names, and Fran just so happens to be the most infamous because it's a full out sprint and just plan out sucks. 

the workout consists of 21 Thrusters, 21 Pull ups, 15 Thrusters, 15 Pull ups, 9 Thrusters, 9 Pull ups and then you lay on the floor for about 5 minutes catching your breath and wishing you were dead. 

However, being determined, I packed my 1,000 bags to get me through the day the night before and at 5:30am I was sitting in the Crossfit SoMo's parking lot waiting for the doors to open.  

I had forgotten how cold and quiet Crossfit Boxes were in the early morning and when KC flipped on the industrial lights, a year's worth of memories flooded back to me of 610.  And even though in a new box, I felt like I was home.  

Class started with warm up (and a nice little "welcome back Karen" announcement) and then on to strength.  I told myself with the strength I would start with the bar and go from there. I struggled and was well below my "normal" weights, but that was all to be expected. 

Once strength was finished that awful feeling in my stomach hit.  I set my bar at 45lbs and set a goal to at least finish the WOD with in the time cap of 15 minutes. 

That awful awful awful count down clock went and off we went.  I was spent after about 10 Thrusters.  I did the work out as I could, and rested when I needed to rest.  I was going slow, but steady, and I was already afraid that I wasn't going to finish in the allotted time.  

Before I knew it, I was the last person in the class working, but people were cheering and supporting me, pushing me to finish.  

And then I was done.  Finally.  And Day 1 was behind me and in the books. 


Strength:
2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2 Front Squat
70lbs

WOD:

"Fran"
21-15-9
Thrusters - 45lbs
Pull Ups - Green Band

14:12

Cash Out:
2 Minute Hand Stand
2 Minute AMRAP Wall Ball Sit Ups

No comments:

Post a Comment