Saturday, March 19, 2016

Crossfit Games 2016 WOD 16.4

With my spirits pretty low from the previous Open workout, I was pretty uninterested in hearing what the next workout was because most likely it was something I'd be unable to do.  Then the CrossFit gods smiled down on me. 



I knew that I didn't have Handstand Push-Ups, but my goal was to get there and at least try.  

The time cap wasn't announced until after all the movements and reps were and I think I was holding my breath until he finally said 13 minutes.  I wasn't 100% sure that I could make it there in 13, but lofty or not, that was my goal.  

Again due to Dennis and I's busy schedule, we worked our week to do the Open WOD on Friday evening (rather than the normal Saturday morning).  This was a LOT of fun!  Hydraulic had a good turn out and the energy was awesome.  The weather was so nice so we opened the bay door and the 1st heat was ready to go. 

Word to the wise: Don't watch other people do this work out.  The looks on their faces say it all in combo with the collapsing after the 13 minutes was up.  Gah.  

I was a little nervous about the condition of my hands and knees (I took a bad fall yesterday running which I will blog about soon) but I really didn't want to make any types of excuses.  I did a few practice DL's, Row Strokes, and Wall Balls and it seemed as if my cuts were not going to play much of a role.

I didn't have much of a plan going into it so when the timer was counting down 3...2....1 GO! I picked up my bar and just went with it.  The heat I was in was only myself and a fellow member and I could hear the clicks of his (faster) DL reps, keeping me aware of my speed.  I *believe* I did a couple sets of 10s, then 8s then 3s, then 2s, and then finally singles.  I typically don't make nosies when I work out, but with this many reps of heavy-ish Deadlifts I couldn't help but grunt.  LOL.  



I walked straight to the Med Ball and wanted to do at least 10 at a time to chip away at the 55.  Again, not 100% sure how many I was doing per set, but at the end I was doing short sets of 5 and once I was done with those it was time to row for calories.  



This. was. hard.  I put the damper on 10 and just tried to keep rowing.  There were two moments where I wanted to stop completley (and pretty much took a quick 1 second break) but I finished up as strong as I could and got off the rower at 11:37.  Leaving me about 20 seconds to rest and set up for the HSPUs.  
At 12 minutes I attempted 3 HSPUs without any success, which was expected.  Immediately after the WOD I had a terrible headache, but it left as quickly as it came on.  Dennis competed in the next heat, but I will let him blog about his take on 16.4 once he redoes it on Monday.

Onward to 16.5!

No comments:

Post a Comment