Wednesday, May 22, 2013

DT Hero WOD

I took Sunday and Monday off from running and Crossfit (which I will be paying for later on in the week) so Tuesday I needed to get back on track.  Going forward this is going to be my weekly schedule:

Crossfit
Run
Crossfit
Run + Crossfit
Rest
Crossfit
Long Run

The rest day will float depending on my schedule, but the game plan is to Crossfit 4 days a week and run 3 days a week, until I get to week 8 (currently on week 5) and then I will reevaluate the situation.  

I have to laugh at the trainer at Crossfit Capital, she is VERY pregnant and is going to pop any day now.  But don't let that fool you, she is a hard ass!  

Dennis and I have visited multiple boxes in multiple cities (see the list on the side of the  blog) and the neat thing is that each box does things the same, but with their own spin on things.  

The O'Donnell trio showed up for the 5pm class and when the clock struck 5, Preggo Trainer yelled "WARM UP!"  

Crossfit Capital has a designated warm up which usually takes about 15 minutes.  I like that it is structured but you don't have to wait for everybody to start.  The warm up usually starts off with a run or a row, followed by 3 Rounds of 3 movements.  And by the end of the "warm up" I am so warm that I'm dripping.  

The only complaint thus far with the new box, they don't always do a strength before the WOD.  At 610 and SMCF, there would be a strength portion and then a metcon.  Here, there is a warm up, some instruction, then the WOD. 

There are some days that they do a strength portion, and my solution to Dennis was to see if there was a pattern to when they do both strength and WOD and we can go on those days.  Problem solved.  


Warm Up

500 Meter Row

3 Rounds
20 Good Mornings
10 Leg Kicks
10 DB Push Press (20lbs)

WOD:

"DT"
12 Deal Lifts
9 Hang Cleans
6 Push Press

10:05 @ 65lbs

No comments:

Post a Comment