Thursday, May 16, 2013

Capital Crossfit

It's been a little less than a month since we've made the move from PA to VA, and we are starting to settle in.  

With me working from home (in addition to watching the little Stinker) I've been able to plow through unpacking and organizing.  Each day I would pick a room and go to town.  Little by little the place is shaping up to an amazing living space.  

Dennis and I agreed that we'd wait a while before we joined another Crossfit Box for multiple reasons.  

1. plain and simple, Money.  With now 3 (yes I said 3) Mortgages, the expenses of moving, and me taking a tremendous pay cut, we weren't sure if we'd be able to afford a membership right away, if at all.  

2.  We wanted to make unpacking and organizing a priority.  When we moved to our house in PA, we waited and waiting to get things done and when the house was just about in the shape we wanted, we were leaving it.  It's a terrible feeling.  So again with my time at home and Dennis getting home at 3:30pm every day (which, by the way, is amazing), we were able to get things organized and we are even at the point of hanging things on the wall!  

3.  Even though we weren't Crossfitting per say, I was really focusing on my running and my walking.  Shane and I have been talking 1 hour walks each day (and I've been averaging about 4 miles per hour) in addition to my training for running.  As my muscles have been withering away, my endurance is up, up, up.  Did I mention in order to enter the condo there is a minimum of 21 stairs?  Carrying Shane, groceries  or whatever up those things has been enough of a WOD for me that this point.  

Then SUPERFIT happened.  

As I posted in my last Blog, Dennis did extremely well despite his training and with him possibly doing well in the finals, well that lit a fire under his ass. 

When we returned home from our epic journey to Morristown, NJ, Dennis contacted our local box to set up a time for us to do a class and possibly join.  That happened yesterday.  

The box is about 15 minutes from our home, which, is nothing new.  The only difference, this box is located in what looks to be a strip mall.  Not what we are used to.  We are used to the typical scary garage/ make shift type of facility.  This box is anything but.  

Dennis and I had a very positive experience at the box and needless to say we were signing on the dotted line to join.  We are super excited to start a new chapter in our Crossfit life with a new home box and community.  

Warm Up:

400 Meter Run

3 Rounds
5 Strict Press (33lbs)
5 Ring Rows
5 Inch Worms

WOD:

20 Minute Amrap
5 HSPU
10 Hang Cleans @ 65lbs
200 Meter Runs

Score: 7+15 @ 53lbs & Box PU

No comments:

Post a Comment