Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Curiosity Square

I'm not really sure who names streets but whoever was in charge of naming the streets in my  new neighborhood was simply an over achiever.  Every time I tell somebody my new address, they always respond the same way.  "Curiosity Square, I LOVE THAT!"  


It certainly doesn't stop there.  Curiosity Square is just the tip of the ice burg and when I went for my first run yesterday, I thought it would be REALLY fun to use the names of the streets as topics for my blog.  So I wanted to start with what I thought was most fitting.  Curiosity. 

For those of you who don't know me personally, about a year ago after my husband and I found out we were expecting our first child, my husband got laid off.  The excitement of being first time parents was clouded with the sadness of becoming a one income household.  

With my husband's career, I knew that leaving the Lehigh Valley was a possibility, but mostly I was in denial that it would happen.  But about 4 months ago, my husband accepted a position outside of DC.  

This started a whole series of events that made my life more chaotic that I thought I was able to handle.  But as of this past weekend, it's over.  And here I am starting at my street sign, Curiosity Square.  

Was this the right choice for my family and for me?


Since it's only been a few days since the big move, we haven't figured out which crossfit box here in VA is right for us.  In the mean time, I am going to be focusing on running and doing at home WODs.  

Monday:

1.5 Mile Run / 11:36 Pace

No comments:

Post a Comment