Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Crossfit Games 2013 WOD 13.5

Once again this past Wednesday I found myself huddled over my laptop eagerly awaiting the announce for the final WOD of the Crossfit 2013 Open.  With 4 WODs behind us an not seeing a Thruster or any type of Pull-Up, I was semi expecting to have a repeat of last year.  Fran on Crack.  This year was a little different:

Fran AMRAP or "FRAMRAP"

4 minute AMRAP of:
15 Thrusters (100 / 65 lbs)
15 Chest to bar Pull-ups
*4 minute bonus for every 90 reps (3 rounds) completed.



FINALLY A WOD I COULDN'T DO!  (I say this like it's a good thing). 

I knew my score instantly.  15. 

It's a pretty anti-climatic end to the season for us non-elite Crossfitters, but over all I'm very happy with the 2013 Open and as always, I'm glad I participated. 


 
 
 
With the number of people doing the Crossfit Open more than doubling, my placing was quite curious compared to last year. It was the same.
 
Not sure how that worked out (PUN!) but thats how the numbers for me played out.  In 2012, I was in the best shape of my life, but when I did the 2nd half of the games, I was pregnant. 
 
From then until the end of the games in 2013, I had only trained for about 3 months, had a baby, and trained for 2 months post baby. 
 
 
WHAT DOES IT ALL MEAN?
 
Not sure it REALLY means anything besides the fact that I lost a year of training to have a baby but my strength is still comparable to last year where as my endurance took a beating. 
 
I know that between now and the 2014 Crossfit Games I'm not going to be pregnant so this will be my year of training.  I'd obviously like to get pulls and dare I say a muscle up? so that when those show up in the 2014 I can get a few in. 
 
Congratulations to all that participated in the 2013 OPEN and a SUPER Congrats to those teams and individuals that will be moving on to Regionals.  :)



No comments:

Post a Comment