Friday, June 24, 2016

Year of Cardio - Baltimore 10 Miler

The Baltimore 10 Miler is the last "short" run before my half in October and full in November.  The timing of the races weren't ideal since there is such a huge gap between the 10 miler and the Marathons but it makes sense not to be doing the longest runs in the summer.  

Overall the run went well, Dennis and I had a nice little weekend together (thanks to my parents for coming down and babysitting) and we both successfully ran the challenging race. 

Packet pick up was on Friday at the zoo so we had to take a half day (darn) from work to head straight there to get our numbers.  The drive wasn't horrible (except for the rain) but I used the car ride to catch up on some much needed sleep.  Once we got our packets, we found our hotel and figured we'd take a walk to dinner.  

We found this really neat restaurant/butcher that was in a converted garage.  




The next morning we got to the start line and eagerly waiting for the race to start.  We had a little bit before the gun went off so we made sure to visit some of the promo tents beforehand. (even the 10k finisher picture op, lol)



Mentally I was 70% there.  I had missed a couple of my training runs, one being the 7 miles and that really screwed me up in my head.  So as predicted, at mile 7, I started to fall apart.  I had to walk for a bit and it was just a matter of getting to the finish line.  

I finished JUST under a 10 minute pace, with a time of 1 hour, 38 minutes and some change.  Not my best 10 mile time, but I can't be upset with my time.  

Dennis did awesome and was very happy with his time!  Post race we enjoyed the festitivies, included 2 free beers!



Since we had babysitters for the weekend, we decided to keep the party going and we met up with some friends for more drinks.  First we went to South Riding Inn and then we went to another place after that.  




I am VERY happy that my running is done for the time being but feel very accomplished for running/finishing this race! 



No comments:

Post a Comment