Friday, April 1, 2016

My 1st RX'd WOD with Pull Ups

With the dust from the Open barely even settled, I hit an enormous CrossFit milestone today. 

I did a WOD as prescribed that included pull ups.   

I have been waiting for this day for 5 years and I'm pretty fucking happy it finally happened.  

I discovered that I could actually do a pull up during the first CrossFit Open 16.1 WOD, so since then, I was on a mission to build on that.  Most days before or after a workout I would go to a pull up bar and just practice. 

Sometimes I would get 1 pull up, sometimes I would get 3, and sometimes I wouldn't have any, but the point was 1 was better than zero and now I had to build on that.

I few times Pull Ups came up in work outs, but in quantities that just did not make sense to do RX'd so I waited for the perfect WOD and that WOD came today:

9 Minute AMRAP

3,3,6,6,9,9,12,12 etc

Deadlifts 105lbs (Light!)
Pull Ups

I saw this and couldn't be more excited.  It was going to be my first real attempt to get an RX on a pull up workout.  It even motivated to get my ass to the box that morning instead of taking a rest day. 

So there I was ready to go to see how this was going to play out.  I wasn't sure how far into the rounds I would get, but like I said, the reps were manageable and the deadlifts were light so even if I only got through the 9's I would call it a huge win.  

Not only did I get THROUGH the 9's but I got through the 12's and I almost got through the 15's of the Pull Ups!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Unbelievable.  

A few people in the class new what was going on and were keeping a watchful eye on me.  When the 9 minutes up I was congratulated and to be honest I wanted to cry.  This was a long time coming for me and I was just so so so so so happy.  THIS IS WHY I LOVE CROSSFIT!  

It's also amazing to celebrate your wins, especially with people who've help you achieve them.  The response to a seemly small accomplishment was recognized by lots and lots of people who knew how big of a deal it was to me.  My friends and support system are.the.best!






No comments:

Post a Comment