Friday, August 29, 2014

Our Epic August Crossfit Trip - Day 3

Now that we were in Norwalk, CT and "settled" Dennis and I planned on visiting Kong Crossfit for a 10am class.  We both had already done a drop in at Crossfit Norwalk, so we were excited to see what Kong was like.  Anytime I WOD in Norwalk, I'm slightly nervous I'll run into somebody I went to school with.  

We walked into the facility and it was HUGE.  Like there was an echo, huge.  





I don't think I've seen a box quite as large as this one before so I was expecting to be in a large class..  But as it turned out, it was only be Dennis, myself, and one other person.  There were two other people in the box doing their own thing, but I found it curious that with such a large facility the class attendance was so small.  But I was relieved because I didn't recognize any of the people there.  

In any case, the first thing we did was a ton of stretching followed by a row, inch worm, and jump rope warm up.  

The strength portion was front squats.  I can't remember the rep scheme, but I know the sets were lengthy, I think 3 x 8 or something like that.  

Then finally the WOD:

10 Minute AMRAP:

3 Push Presses
3 Box Jumps
30 (?) Double Unders

I know Dennis and I both got more than 10 rounds each, but I cant remember the exact score.  There was no white board to take a picture of either :(

The trainer made us take a quick walk outside after the WOD to control our breathing and then he lead a quick 5/10 minute stretching session.  

The trainer was happy we dropped in at their facility and welcomed us back anytime.  

The one thing I wasn't a huge fan of was that the instructor told Dennis and I what weights to use during the WOD (I was a bit confused how he could judge our strength ability without really knowing us) but we did as the Trainer said.  Also, if you were doing step ups, you had to double your reps, which I'm not sure I agreed with either, but again, when in Rome.  

The WOD was an enjoyable one, we were always moving and to be honest was a bit light, but I wasn't complaining! 



We were hoping to add a new Tshirt to our collection but they didn't have any available to sell (this was now a common theme with the boxes this trip) and we were a bit disappointed, but hey that's life.  We were happy to get in another WOD this trip and to add Kong Crossfit to our resume.

No comments:

Post a Comment