Thursday, August 28, 2014

Our Epic August Crossfit Trip - Day 2

Thursday morning we woke up, gathered our things and headed up to good ole' Allentown PA to make a few stops before our find destination of CT.  

Stop #1:  South Mountain Crossfit

This was supposed to be a rest day for us, but we arrived just as the class started and Dennis just couldn't help himself.




I resisted the urge to do any physical activity and played with Shane while Dennis did his thing.

With it being an odd time (10am on a Thursday morning we weren't expecting to see too many people that we knew, but Trainer Kurt was there and Jess was in the class, so it was very nice to see them.  We also finally got to me Dre, SMCF's mascot.  

When I posted that we were at SMCF on Facebook, it took no less than 30 seconds for my friend Lynne to harass me about being in Allentown and not seeing her.  ;).  The visit was short, but nice to show face and on we went to stop in Bethlehem to visit the place where Dennis and I met (and where I still do part time work):

Stop #2: Weather Trends International

It was really great seeing my old coworkers and having lunch with most of them.  I hadn't been at the office since I had left back in April 2013, and let me tell my desk was a paperwork nightmare!  

After lunch we had about 2.5 more travel time until we reached MY parent's house in Norwalk, CT.  The rest of that day/night was very low key (as we were exhausted) and it was nice to finally be settled and relax.  

No comments:

Post a Comment