Sunday, July 7, 2013

Vacation Place

I almost feel bashful for writing a blog since it's been so long and you may think that I've been on vacation, but for those of you who like "Digital Mustard" on facebook, you would know that I have been keeping active. 


After I turned 30 I felt really sad that I still hadn't run a half marathon and with me still trying to lose my baby weight, I thought it would be a good time for me to start my training back up. (Not to mention my 200 Mile Relay Race in Florida in February!)

I turned to the Hal Higdon training programs that I've had success with before. 

Since my last blog entry, I've completed a 5k (where I set a new PR!) and in a few weeks I will be running a 10k.  Soon I will be signing up for 10 Miler and hopefully soon after that, a half, and dare I say...a full marathon?  


Training has been less than easy (but honestly, when is it ever easy?) and I am still challenged by eating right.  However, with the efforts that I have been consistently putting in, I am happy to report I have lost all but a few pounds of the weight I gained with the pregnancy.  

I am so happy about that accomplishment   Shane is 8 months today, and I am super proud that I lost the weight in less than a year.

I know that once I really commit to eating clean, in addition to the running/Crossfit training, I will lose even more and eventually get to where I want to be physically.

Hopefully I can also find the time to blog again, I miss it, and hopefully my readers missed it too!

No comments:

Post a Comment